
As a side note for everyone, today is the perfect day for toasting marshmallows. Who knows where this holiday came from, but it will be a nice treat tonight to roast a marshmallow or make some s'mores!
In our family, everyone likes their marshmallows done a little differently. Some like them barely warmed, others medium and toasty, and some like to set them on fire and blow them out just before they are totally charred.
It has been a while since we've gotten to vote on any thing...time for another poll! How do you like your marshmallows done?
Saturday, August 30, 2008
National Toasted Marshmallow Day
Posted by Kara Lane at 9:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I used to be one of those people you mention who set them on fire and blow them out, but now I like to slowly brown them until they slightly hang off the stick.
Yeah, that is my favorite way too!
I'm not a marshmallow fan at all; I can't really even stand the smell of them. But when around a campfire I love to cooke them for others! I was in the store today and saw a little display with the graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallows and thought of you!
I like to set mine on fire and blow them out just after they're totally charred. I love my roasted marshmallows but not a fan of s'mores.
When I was in high school, my sister and I used to toast those tiny marshmallows on toothpicks over candles. Good times.
Hey, have you thought about Khloe Belen? (there should be an accent over the 2nd 'e', but I don't know how to add them.
Kara, I did not know that you are gonna be a momy. Felicidades!
Kara, There was a pretty bad storm tonight. We lost electricity for a few hours. We roasted marshmallows over the gas stove - it was a lot of fun.
I like them slow roasted - nice and soft in the middle and golden on the outside - don't care much for the burned parts.
I'm with Justin. I used to like them charred, but now I like them brown and toasty. They are one of my favorite reasons to go camping!
Post a Comment