BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Ice Bird Challenge...


It is no secret who is a professional photographer in our family, so this post is not about that. But I did not realize the enormous difference between Chris' Navy camera and my point and shoot camera.




This picture is one I took at the Mendenhall Glacier, with a great camera. If you look in the near distance...you can see a small hunk of ice that looks very similar to a bird preparing to drink the refreshing glacier water. Cute huh?





Here's Chris' shot of the same ice bird, from the same place, but with his Navy camera.

There is not a lot to say but WOW.

I sure am glad Chris was there to really let us see the bird.

I think it is pretty cool.

3 comments:

tim rush said...

Love the snow bird. I have not seen that picture yet. (I'm sure we have it but still haven't looked at all the cd's yet.)

Timbra said...

hey, i was sad that i couldnt be in seattle to see everyone off before the cruise like my lucky duck parents. . . i'm in tn for paul gossets wedding. just saw him today. . is that wierd and circular? this big round world! anyway, i am glad you have a blog now because i often wonder about you and i'm totally serious about that. . . glad to see you didn't fall in trying to take a drink of the wonderful glacier water, while mimicking the bird and then were left behind, or heaven forbid, that "testing" of the bridge failed you and the next picture was just the arms of you and kelcey as you sunk below the frigid waters. . . . i know, i'm a bit um, what's the word in english. . crazy?!

Timbra said...

ps, we're wii3mcfamily.blogspot.com