Well, I finally graduated. I know it has been a while since then, but I wanted to wait to write anything until I had pictures.
Besides not hearing anything said at the ceremony except for the first few words, which were, "This day is not only about you..." at which point, I quit listening and devoted my full attention to text messaging my family, the day was very special and memorable.
Kelcey's kids made cool signs to hold up as I walked across the stage, but...oops, they never heard my name! It is the thought that counts anyways. Everyone else except my mom and Kelcey's group heard it, although, in the evidence of the video tape, it was difficult to hear it, so I have to cut them a little slack. It is funny to watch the video and hear them commenting on why I walked across without my name being called.
Eli decorated my cap with the all famous Grin, so you can be sure to spot my cap in the picture with the yellow and white on it. Good job Eli! They even zoomed in on the cap for the big tv.
I graduated with Cum Laude Honors, so that was pretty special.
After the ceremony, we all went to John's Incredible Pizza for an incredible time. I rode the train with Kaya and Canaan, and Dad caught a great picture of me really enjoying myself.
Thanks everyone who was praying for me during school, especially at the end when I was having a hard time wanting to do any work. It is my family who really supported me though everything.
Although I am probably not done forever, it sure feels great to be done for now!



Monday, June 16, 2008
Graduation...Finally
Posted by Kara Lane at 9:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Yay for the graduation post, glad you had a great time. I was totally texting my family the whole time too, well when i had reception!! Congrats once again. Oh and the picture of you on the train is the bomb!!
great post. I am glad you had so much fun at your post grad party. We sure wish we could have been there, too.
Kim
ps, did the secret message.
well you look super happy. . . congrats on graduation and too bad you and haley couldn't get your acts together so you could have graduated at the same time so we could have seen you :0 oh well! so what's next for you? i know you've moved to ridgecrest, bought a house, adopted several animals, are not having a baby. . but what are you doing with your cum laude honored self?
what are you really having a baby now??? I tried to scratch the secret message the other day but it wouldn't let me scratch the whole thing and today it finally did. Is this a human baby or an animal baby?? Are congratulations in order; Congratulations!!!
It is a real baby. I just thought the secret message would be a fun way for a few people, mainly you and Timbra (because you are the main ones besides my sisters who read this) to find out. Yahoo! Ok, I don't think Timbra has done it yet. Haha.
Well I know I already said it once but here's the official Congratulations!!! How far along are you? So exciting!
okay so haley made me scratch the secret message, which i didn't even notice before. . . and okay. . . newer congrats are in order and a "reevaluation" of my previous comment. . . how exciting. . .
Congrats for the new little "Blachley"! Hope your feeling good!
Post a Comment