Today is 19 weeks, that means I am almost halfway there! Khloe is as large as an heirloom tomato in size (6 inches) and about 8 1/2 oz. long. That is a big tomato. Her brain is designing specialized areas for her 5 senses, her arms and legs are now in proportion, and her hair is starting to sprout. I bet it will be blond like Eric and mine when we were young.
This past week has been exciting. On Thursday, I had an orientation meeting for substitute teaching, and to make a long story short, on Friday, I had my first sub job. After all my talk that I would like to start with elementary classes, and ease my way into trying high school, me first day was in an high school English class. Yikes! I had two classes of freshmen and three of sophomores. Over all, I had a good experience, nothing traumatic happened, like tacks on my chair or me cowering under the teacher's desk in tears. I only had one problem student, and he was mad at me because I caught him cheating on a test, so for the remainder of his class period was challenging. I did not have to mean and hard on everyone, although some students required more constant reminders and urging to complete the assignment.
I am glad that I did my worst nightmare first, and so now I am lined up for two more jobs already, both elementary, kindergarten and second grade. I am not as nervous now that I know I can handle high school classes, and my two least favorite grades at that. Yeah! Anyways, I am excited to have jobs lined up, and a good excuse for not wanting to do house work. Before I was just lazy, now I have a job and I will be busy. Just kidding. I am still not that busy, just bored of housework.
Next week, on the day of grinvasion (for more info, see www.grinline.com), mom and I will be going to Sacramento, so no work for me! Yahoo...I worked one day and I am ready for a vacation. Well, actually we are going in preparation for my Granddad Blachly's 90th birthday. I am excited to get to see everyone up there, since I have not gotten to go visit since we moved. Yahoo.
I hope everyone is doing great, and I hope to see many of you soon.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
19 Weeks
Posted by Kara Lane at 9:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hey, my grandpa is about to have his 90th birthday too! Yay for good genes! LOL
Post a Comment