So anyway, how about a report from yesterday? We were trying to cover a lot of ground at an appropriate speed. Not much happened until Kim was driving again and we zoomed past a huge, speedy go-kart track. We thought it would be a safe and cheaper alternative to exercise the lead feet we inherited from our mom, so we turned around and took our break speeding around the track. This was not very fun for Kara, who was already feeling worse yesterday (puke count up to a total of 11 plus it would not have been safe for Kumquat.) Needless to say she was pit crew and groupie all in one. This stop was especially for Chris, since we girls hijacked his trip.
Kelcey and Kim were feeling increasingly nervous after signing their lives away and watching the other racers speed past the pit. When it was our turn to go, Chris took the lead and almost immediately spun out off the track. The first real curve was a hairpin turn and these babies could fly. Kim heard herself squeal like a grandma and Kelcey’s stomach flip-flopped as she did a double-take flying by . . . “Was that Chris?” . . . followed by. . . “Could that be me?” In spite of the spin out, Chris managed to lap us both twice. By the end, we were at least not afraid to open it up on the straight-aways and had passed one another a couple of times. Kara was a really good sport. (To flash forward, we are happy to announce that she is feeling much better today. She is very tired, but really a trooper.)
The other highlight of the day was that we completed the black-out of our travel Bingo game when we spotted a hot air balloon basket in the back of a pick-up. We are five away from finding a license plate from every state. Mostly we have just enjoyed spending time together. There has been a lot of laughing and remembering of events that could have gone long forgotten had we not been able to put our heads together on this extended party. We are having so much fun. A special thank you again to our parents for keeping our kids, our husbands for letting us come and Chris for letting us all tag along.
Tomorrow we will add about today (Niagara Falls), but for now we wanted to let you know that we are safe in our destination of Syracuse, NY and have clocked in at a total of 2, 920 miles.
8 comments:
First off a woohoo to me for being right on the ticket thing!! And a woohoo to you guys for making it to your destination all still intact!!! I can't wait for more details about the trip and now you have so many new memories to file away in the memory bank of sibling adventures!!! Thanks for taking us along with you. Umm, one question, how are all the girls getting home!?!
i'm always right behind haley, i guessed kim before reading her comment. . . we know you too well! anyway, i guess kim is the lucky duck who gets to hang out with all the newly pregnant and very sick women (um, okay, just me and kara). . . glad to hear you guys are safe and sound and only have one felony, i mean. . . traffic violation under your belts. i have the same question as haley. . .
What! My little Kimmy, a speed demon! I'm aghast! Or is it a-gassed. Probably both.
OK... I have to set the record straight. It was not I that ratted you out. It was my sweet, loving, kind, precious, innocent (sneaky - snoopy) and caring wife, Michelle. Her caring wasn't trying to let everyone know how to cheat but to give caution to providing personal information out there on Al Gore's internets. Call it caution from having your identity stolen and trying to convince Tiffany's jewelry that you, in fact, did NOT buy an expensive ring with a new credit card.
Love you guys and glad you're having fun. Can't wait to hear more.
PS - I can see how Kim would be used to bribing officers of the law seeing as that is what is expected in Mexico. I myself have done it many times. I'll give Kim a pass.
Jason Harris
(Not Michelle)
I too IMMEDIATELY KNEW it was Kim. Ha!
Man! Justin and I were both wrong! RATS! For the record, he voted for Chris and I voted for Kelcey.
my sister thought i was revealing a second pregnancy through my comment, hopefully no one else got the message. . . i was talking about 2.5 years ago when i visited kim in mexico and was 8 weeks pregnant. . . anyway. . . that's all!
what made you guys so sure that I got the ticket? I must know. Thanks to those of you who did not vote for me. And I guess also to those who did just for making it so fun for us.~Kim
Post a Comment